If the smartphone is getting slower and slower, this can have various reasons. For example, the RAM could be full. That’s why we’ll tell you how you can clean it up to make your iPhone faster again.
Who doesn’t like to remember the time when the smartphone, freshly bought, practically reacted to commands at the speed of light? However, over time and through constant use, mobile phones become slower and slower. To regain some speed, however, iPhone users can use a few tricks.
Speed up your iPhone: When the RAM slows down the mobile phone
One of the reasons why iPhones respond more slowly over time is often that the RAM is full. This is especially noticeable when users want to switch back and forth between apps or load new applications.
RAM is the short-term memory of your iPhone. As it stores information there with each use, the memory fills up over time and the phone slows down. It doesn’t matter if it’s a new device or an older one. However, we have good news: You can easily clean up your RAM.
How to clear your iPhone’s RAM
To clear your RAM, you can follow these five steps. Users who have an iPhone with a physical home button can even go straight to step four. However, this is only the case for older models.
- In the settings of your iPhone you will find the section “Operating aids”. There, under “Tap”, go to the “AssistiveTouch” function.
- Now you can activate the function using the slider. A small circular area should then appear on the right edge of the screen. It replaces the home button.
- Now tap on this round area. A menu opens. There you click on “Home”.
- Next you have to open the menu for shutting down your iPhone. To do this, press the volume up button and then the volume down button in quick succession. Then press and hold the lock button until the power off menu opens.
- Click on the circular dot again. In the menu, press and hold “Home”. Your iPhone should now prompt you to enter your unlock code.
Your iPhone’s RAM should now be cleared. To check the speed, you can open a few apps and test the response of your phone.